This very creamy brown rice is one of the easiest recipes I’ll ever share. The measurements on the ingredient list are a bit unconventional, but bear with me, it works, I promise.
This is an easy side that works well for a weekday meal or a dinner party.
- 1 can of coconut milk
- use the same can to measure water
- use the same can to measure brown rice
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- salt to taste
- In a medium pot, bring the coconut milk and water to a boil
- Add the brown rice, carrots, and salt
- Stir and lower heat to low
- Let cook for 35 minutes
- Turn off heat, mix and let rest covered for another 5 to 10 minutes
- Serves 3-4
- Serve with chopped cilantro
- Goes well with the Curry Lentil Meatballs