Body Lotion is the one product most of you ask me about, but I never knew what to recommend because I don’t really use it. Well, I have a confession to make: I don’t use body lotion at all. I really dislike the texture of lotions on my skin and prefer body oils. I’m weird. I know. I’ve come to peace with my weirdness. You should too.
I decided to try out a couple for you because Body Lotion is also one of the products that you use everyday and you probably use a ton of it. It is definitely one of the first products you swap out if you’re interested in making the switch to non-toxic products.
For the conventional product, I chose one that’s not only a bestseller, but also a household name. Jergens is very popular and one of the brands we’ve all probably used at least once. I used to use their gradually tanning lotion religiously when I was in college.
I’ve tried many products from Seaweed Bath Co. and honestly love their body wash. I tried this lotionlast week and actually like its feel and will probably be reaching for it more than I initially thought.
Why is it worth the swap?
Jergens Ultra Healing Lotion
- FRAGRANCE: ingredients considered fragrance don’t need to be disclosed. Possible carcinogen, possible endocrine disruptor, known allergen
- DMDM HYDANTOIN: It is a formaldehyde releasing agent (formaldehyde is carcinogenic). May trigger eczema. May cause skin irritation.
- PROPYLPARABEN: mimics estrogen in the body and is a potential hormone/endocrine disruptor
- METHYLPARABEN: mimics estrogen in the body and is a potential hormone/endocrine disruptor, can interfere with anti cancer drugs, some studies of breast tumors show a build up of methylparabens in the breast tissue.
Seaweed Bath Co. Body Cream
Aqua (Water) with Fucus Vesiculosus (Bladderwrack Seaweed) Extract, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil, Vegetable Glycerin, Stearic Acid, Butyrospermum Parkii (Unrefined Shea) Butter, Argania Spinosa (Argan) Oil, Aloe Barbadensis (Aloe) Leaf Juice, Aleurites Moluccana (Kukui) Oil, MSM (Methyl Sulfonyl Methane), Stearyl Alcohol, Hyaluronic Acid, Glyceryl Stearate, Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Seed Butter, Polysorbate-80, Tocopherol (Natural Vitamin E), Phenethyl Alcohol, Panthenol, Xanthan Gum, Allantoin, Lavandula Officinalis (Lavender) Essential Oil
- Organic, sustainably-harvested bladderwrack seaweed with 65+ vitamins and minerals detoxifies, hydrates and replenishes skin
- Hyaluronic acid locks in moisture while strengthening the skin’s natural barrier
- Shea butter and aloe vera hydrate and soften skin
- Argan oil, rich in vitamin E and essential fatty acids, naturally comforts dry, troubled skin
- Leaping Bunny Certified, Vegan, Cruelty Free, Gluten Free, Paraben Free
- Best for those who want a deeply moisturizing and instantly absorbing body cream
Click below to shop:
Click below for other non-toxic body lotions that are worth a try:
—ALL INFO ON INGREDIENTS AND THE POSSIBLE HEALTH REPERCUSSIONS ARE FROM THE THINK DIRTY APP AND EWG SKIN DEEP DATABASE, DICCIA’S TWO FAVORITE REFERENCES WHEN MAKING SMARTER BEAUTY DECISIONS—