I’m probably the biggest fan of body oil. I wear it every day in the Dominican heat and swear by it in winter weather. I love how it makes my skin feel moisturized and that I don’t feel the filmy or waxy residue I sometimes feel with lotion. I probably went through a million bottles of the Neutrogena Light Sesame Body Oil before I decided to stay away from artificial fragrance and parabens. I loved that it was light and absorbed quickly and I was lucky to find a couple of non-toxic body oils that I love even more! These definitely smell amazing!
To apply body oil: Apply oil directly over damp skin right after the shower (before toweling off). Rub in well. Pat dry.
Why is it worth the swap?
Neutrogena Body Oil – Light Sesame
Think Dirty Rating: N/A
- FRAGRANCE: ingredients considered fragrance don’t need to be disclosed. Possible carcinogen, possible endocrine disruptor, known allergen
- PROPYLPARABEN: mimics estrogen in the body and is a potential hormone/endocrine disruptor
- BHT: Proven carcinogen in mammal cells, proven allergen and human respiratory irritant, slight endocrine disruption.
Weleda Birch Oil
EWG Skin Deep Rating: 3 (because they don’t account for Weleda’s fragrance always being all natural)
Apricot Kernel Oil, Jojoba Seed Oil, Wheat Germ Oil, Fragrance*, Betula Alba Leaf Extract, Ruscus Aculeatus Root Extract, Rosemary Leaf Extract, Linalool, Citronellol, Geraniol, Citral
* natural fragrance
- Certified natural by NATRUE
- Free from synthetic preservatives, fragrances, colorants or raw materials derived from mineral oils
- Absorbs quickly
- The invigorating properties of birch oil reveal skin that appears smoother, suppler, and toned.
Click below to shop:
Here are the two other body oils I use frequently:
—ALL INFO ON INGREDIENTS AND THE POSSIBLE HEALTH REPERCUSSIONS ARE FROM THE THINK DIRTY APP AND EWG SKIN DEEP DATABASE, DICCIA’S TWO FAVORITE REFERENCES WHEN MAKING SMARTER BEAUTY DECISIONS—