Pencil Eyeliners are a tough one. They have to stay put and be very pigmented, something that isn’t that easy to find in the non-toxic makeup world. The first one I tried melted away in less than half an hour. Melted down my face is a more accurate description.
I’ve been using the Jillian Dempsey eyeliner in black and brown for over a year and definitely recommend it. It smudges perfectly and then stays put.
Why is it worth the swap?
L’Oreal Infallible Eye Liner
- PROPYLPARABEN: mimics estrogen in the body and is a potential hormone/endocrine disruptor
- D&C BLACK 2: Possible human carcinogen, proven carcinogen on animals. toxic to the respiratory system
- ZINC GLUCONATE: Toxic in moderate doses. Bioaccumulative
- POLYETHYLENE: One of the most common plastics used. Non biodegradable, allergenic for some individuals, carcinogenic in lab studies
Jillian Dempsey Eyeliner
Think Dirty Rating: N/A
Ingredients (for jet black):
hydrogenated jojoba oil, caprylic/capric triglyceride, hydrogenated vegetable oil, simmondsia chinensis (jojoba) seed oil, butyrospermum parkii (shea) butter, canola oil, sclerocarya birrea seed oil, candelilla cera (wax), glyceryl caprylate, copernicia cerifera (carnauba) cera (wax), margarita (pearl) powder, tocopherol, persea gratissima (avocado) oil, helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed oil, phytosterols, ascorbyl palmitate, olea europaea (olive) fruit oil, sorbitan oleate, tocopheryl acetate, ci 77499 (iron oxide), ci 77019(mica)
- Organic jojoba oil, organic shea butter and marula oil combine for a super smooth application
- Comes in Rich Brown, Jet Black, Deep Burgundy, and Black Sapphire
Click below to shop:
—ALL INFO ON INGREDIENTS AND THE POSSIBLE HEALTH REPERCUSSIONS ARE FROM THE THINK DIRTY APP AND EWG SKIN DEEP DATABASE, DICCIA’S TWO FAVORITE REFERENCES WHEN MAKING SMARTER BEAUTY DECISIONS—