I found out about Jade and Quartz Face rollers because of a sudden flood of pictures by beauty bloggers on Instagram. Curious as always, I wanted to find out more and quickly fell in love with it. Facial massage soon became part of my daily routine. I either use my Province Apothecary Jade Roller or a facial Gua Sha.
What are Jade Rollers for?
They are used to:
- cools and calms the look of skin
- contributes to glow-y skin
- reduce puffiness
- increases circulation
- promoting lymphatic drainage.
- eases muscle tension
- reduces the appearance of puffiness and under-eye bags
- helps with the absorption of serums and moisturizers
When should you use your roller?
First thing in the morning or before bed. Because it’s cool on the skin, it’s great for depuffing in the morning.
Always use it on freshly cleaned skin after applying your favorite serum or moisturizer. I often use it between my serum and moisturizer at night to help absorb my serum into my skin.
How do you use a Jade Roller?
Using your Jade Roller the right way is simple, but key in making sure it is giving you positive results. In order to do it the right way you always need to be rolling in upwards and outwards motions towards your lymph nodes.
This great image below by Goop shows how to use it in a clear way.
Province Apothecary has a great video explaining how to use their two-sided jade roller which includes a great how-to on smooth rollers. Go to the 2:25 mark if you’re only interested in the conventional smooth roller part.
My Favorite Face Roller
I didn’t know this double-sided roller existed or that I needed it until Province Apothecary sent me one, but I love that the sides have different purposes:
The Studded End
- Reduces the look of fine lines and plumps to smooth deep wrinkles
- Releases fascia to help improve muscle function
- Tones and firms the appearance of skin
- Activates the deep dermis-layer of skin to boost and maintain elasticity
- Gently exfoliates and improves product absorption for maximum benefits
- Won’t break or damage the surface of the skin
Other Great Jade Rollers
Here are my favorite things to use under my roller
I hope this guide to face rollers helps you bring these into your routine! If you have any questions feel free to reach out on Instagram ( @di.ccia) or by email ( firstname.lastname@example.org).
These are the products that I use frequently and work for me. If you have any questions regarding if they might be a good fit for you, feel free to reach out at email@example.com .